Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My New Favorite TV Show

As I sit here writing, I'm watching that new Extreme Couponing tv show!  Wow!  Thousands of dollars of groceries for 94, 96, 98% off!  I'm hooked. And I thought I did great at the local scratch and dent stores.

Although I am awestruck at such savings ( I can be quite a cheapskate ),  I kind of get the impression that for some of these folks this is actually a form of hoarding.  A stockpile of items you'll use in a reasonable amount of time is great, but why would anyone keep a lifetime's worth of deodorant on hand?  Just imagine what it'll be like by the year, say, 2025-yuck!  You ain't gettin' that near my armpits!

I am overall inspired, though.  I had no idea that there are actually websites out there where they clip the coupons for you and you can buy them pre-clipped.  The coupons are generally sold for a small percentage of the face value, and you can pick which ones you want.  I may have to check into that-my big gripe with coupons is that I never come accross ones for things that I use.  And I'm not about to stoop to dumpster diving, like one woman did on the show!  Sometimes you gotta draw a line.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment