Friday, April 8, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

I was flipping through channels the other night, and came into Monty Python and the Holy Grail here:



I was rolling around laughing in seconds.  Monks singing a mournful hymn, then klonk! in the head. And again, and again, till the villagers bring the witch to Sir Bedevere for judgement.  Time to stop flipping channels.

I've always been a Python fan, ever since PBS first started showing it when I was in junior high school.  The nonsensical sketches, Terry Gilliams very original animation, and a band of genius comedians- what more could a 13-year-old ask for in a comedy show?  And though I haven't seen the original episodes for quite a while (I'll be remedying that on YouTube!), the charm still hasn't worn off.

My run away favorite sketch has always been The Ministry Of Silly Walks:

 

John Cleese and his extra long legs made that sketch, and it also takes some well deserved shots at government agencies and how they work.

And for those of you wondering why email spam is called spam, it came from a Monty Python sketch:


The ever inescapable spam!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment