Friday, April 15, 2011

Green Green Grass Of Home

That's an old country song, by the way.

It's April, so time to start mowing the grass again.  I looked out at the back yard today, and I'm like wow how'd that happen? What was bare and scaggly a couple of weeks ago is now beyond lush and green.  Time to get the mower out.

So I got to work mowing. I have an electric mower (my yard is teensy) and a looong cord.  Fortunately, after many years doing this, I've finally mastered the art of not mowing the cord.  I got everything all co-ordinated and got started, and damn that grass was long.  A couple of days more and I'd've had a mini hayfield on my hands. Up and down the yard I went (gotta have those nice neat rows!) with the mower bogging down every step of the way.  Electric mowers are just not meant for foot high grass.  I plugged away and got it done though, and when I was done I had this whole big trash bag full of clippings.

I realize that for many folks one trash bag full of grass clippings ain't much.  But considering that my mower is a mulcher and I usually end up with about a handful's worth, that was a LOT of grass.  If it had been the other kind of grass, I would've had enough to sell and retire on.  And to boot, everything was damp, so both my hands and my clothes were green all over.  Sing it, Kermit!



Anyway, finally got it all done.  And now the vicious cycle begins-tomorrow it's gonna rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment