Thursday, October 21, 2010

Everything old is new again.

There was a seamstress lady on the news tonight, showing how she could take vintage clothing and alter it into something modern and stylish.  I'm sitting here wondering what she could've done with things I've long since gotten rid of, like my fake Members Only jacket or my myriad 1980's bridesmaids dresses.  Especially the bridesmaids dresses-all those poofy sleeves and bows!  The sleeves and bows alone probably had enough material in them to make a fairly large tablecloth.  In the '80's it was like the more bows you had on your dress, the more of a status symbol it was.  I blame Madonna-she started the bow thing with the one in her hair.

Oh, who am I kidding anyway?  Even if I had hung on to some of my "vintage" clothing, my present-day backside wouldn't fit into any of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment