Thursday, October 14, 2010

Before Walmart

I was at Walmart today, and as always it made me miss all the stores that aren't there anymore.  You used to be able to go shopping and all the stores had different things-nowadays, most of them carry the same or similar merchandise.  And a lot of them had a snack bar or a resaurant-Kresge's and Woolworth's had a lunch counter, Two Guy's had a snack bar with a little bowling alley.  The closest you get to that today is Target's snack bar where they always burn the popcorn!

And what is it about Walmart that makes babies cry?  I don't think I've ever been in a Walmart that there's not been at least one baby screaming it's little head off.  Maybe they're just taking advantage of the acoustics of the place for some extra "mommy I want it" volume. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment