Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Today (in case you haven't noticed), is October 10, 2010.  10/10/10.  They said on the news today that there was a rush to the alter for brides and grooms, as this date is supposed to signify new beginnings.  Seemed like just another day to me, though. ;-)

It makes one wonder why people get so psyched up about such things.  After all, it's just numbers on a calendar.  Nothing too interesting happened today, nor did the world come to an end.  It didn't  on 9/9/09, or on 8/8/08, etc.,either, and I doubt it will on 11/11/11.  And yet we have all these people that are sure the world will end on December 21, 2012, because the Mayans made a calendar that ends on that date.  I have a calendar in my kitchen that will end on December 31, 2010, but I sincerely doubt that the world will end on that day, either.

Maybe the Mayans just ran out of room for more dates on the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment