Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Getting Brave With The Blogging

Okay, I did what all the experts suggested, and started a Wordpress blog.  Yikes!

To tell the truth, it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be.  If you pick a host that has a one-click Wordpress install,  they pretty much walk you through it.

One thing that made it a whole lot easier for me?  I started on Blogger.  Blogger is a great place to learn the art of blogging; everything is so sensibly laid out that you even the least computer-savvy person can learn to set up a blog here.

I may have started a new blog using WP (strictly because I think I might be able to sell it at some point), but I'm still a big fan of Blogger.  It's so easy, and you can make such a nice blog- and best of all, it's FREE!  I love free! 

Though from a business standpoint it's certainly a good idea to own a blog outright if you may want to sell it in future,  I will by no means be abandoning Blogger.  It's a great blogging platform.

2 comments:

  1. It'll be interesting to see how that goes with WP. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the more I work with WP, the more I'm appreciating good ol' Blogger! I'm finding that "fully customizable" with free WP themes tends to really mean "customizable up to a point". I've been trying themes on my blog for about a week now, and I'm still not happy with it. Too much time setting up, not enough time posting.

    ReplyDelete