Friday, March 25, 2011

You Know, I Could Write A Book

Who hasn't said those words at sometime or another?  Every life is full of stories, it's just a matter of writing them down (old school, I know-everybody uses Word these days).

I've toyed with the idea before, but somehow I never quite got around to it.  Maybe I should; after all, these days you can write your book and publish it as an ebook yourself without having to kiss the behind of a publisher.  But the hard part, of course is actually writing the book itself-so much to ponder. Fact or fiction?  What genre?  I have a lot to figure out.....

Okay, I'll do some trial runs.

1. Internet Guru Book--Let me tell yoo about all the WONDERful methods I've developed to make money on the Internet!  For only the low low price of $29.95 you can downlad my ebook that will teach you to how too make money in your sleep selling ebooks that tell people to make money by selling more ebooks in their sleep.  For and additional $14,95 a month subscription to my special newsletter, I'll continue to send you useles advice for as long as yur willing to pay for it. (misspellings intentional)  Not for me; if I want to use this sort of method to make money, I'll just rob a bank. It's much quicker.

2. Romance-The sun reflected off of Jeremy's long blonde mane, enveloping him in a golden glow.  As she gazed upon him standing by the manor house's grand arch window, Eliza Jane nearly swooned.  Jeremy glanced up and saw her falter.  "Dearest," he cried as he rushed to her side, "did you stumble?"  And then he took her in his arms and the cat walked into the room and yakked up a hairball.  Sorry, not just cut out to write the mushy stuff.

3. Horror- Can't even think anything up.  I'm just no good with blood and gore (yeeck).

4. Dummies- Anything I know how to do wouldn't take 300 pages to explain.

5. Young Adult- Running with supernatural speed, Tyler blazed a trail through the dark woods to the little remote cabin.  As he burst through the cabin door, he caught a glimpse of a red-eyed wolf bounding out the back door. Anguished,he turned his attention to the other occupant of the room. "Ashley, I can't bear it!" he cried. "I must have you-I can't bear the thought of you with that werewolf!" "Oh Tyler," Ashley responded, "it's you I love!  Take me in your arms and bite my neck and" here comes that damn cat again........

6. Politics- Those damn (insert Republicans or Democrats, it really doesn't matter) are RUINING this county!  The will stop at nothing to destroy this country! The only way we can stop this evil is if you do what I tell you to! I don't think I need comment.

Oh well, it's all certainly something to think about.  Somewhere the right subject is out there waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment